Dear Santa...


This time of year is centered so much around children, for months the little wheels in their heads turn as the think about all the wonderful things that they can ask Santa for for Christmas. Then as the season draws near they stand in lines at malls all over the world waiting to tell Santa all those things they have been dreaming about waking up to on Christmas morning. But on occasion you get those children who you know feel so deeply that they ask Santa for something so special not just for themselves but something that could change the way someone feels forever. Today I was told about a very special little girl (who I might add just happened to be my son's partner in crime in pre-school) who set aside the things she wanted for Christmas to tell Santa what she wanted for someone else. Why is this significant to the Mito-What?5K, read the letter below to Santa for yourself and see (the parts in parentheses are her mom's interpretation of what she was writing)...

Dear, Santa,
I sent you a letter of' Staf that I want! (She means I sent you a letter of stuff that I want - We mailed her letter to Santa a couple of weeks ago). I mostly want to help! Find the ower for Jackson? (She means she wants mostly to help find a CURE for Jackson - Jackson is her teacher's grandson who has Mitochondrial disease). I will put out cookie's and milk and raindeer food! I've been prity (notice the spelling of reindeer and pretty) good I have made my teacher yell at me a cupell time's! (She means she's only made her teacher yell at her a couple of times!) Love Chloe D.

Chloe wrote this letter to Santa for our very own Jackson Culley, and I had to post it hear because it warms my heart to know that even a child is helping in our fight to find a cure!

Chole, from all the Race Planning Committee, Jackson, The Culley family, and all the families who are effected by this disease.... THANK YOU from the bottoms of our hearts! You are one special little girl! :-)